Tuesday 21 November, 2017
deutschenews24.de

13 türkische Soldaten bei Selbstmordanschlag in Kayseri getötet

Von Stuart WILLIAMS/AFP
Veröffentlicht: 17 December 2016 Saturday, 09:18  PM

13 türkische Soldaten bei Selbstmordanschlag in Kayseri getötet

In another suspected attack by Kurds, 13 soldiers were killed in Turkey on Saturday and 55 others were injured. In the assassination attempt in the industrial city of Kayseri in central Russia, he said it was a suicide attack, Binali Yildirim said. His deputy, Numan Kurtulmus, said so far, all indications of an act of the Prohibited Workers` Party of Kurdistan (PKK) indicated.

A bus bomb destroyed the bus completely. The 13 deaths were, according to the army, soldiers of lower rank. They had a free day and permission to spend it outside the barracks. Among the 55 wounded were 48 soldiers.

Prime Minister Yildirim said that a suicide bomber had fired a bus when the bus had passed. According to Dogan`s news agency, the soldiers had taken the bus to Kayseri`s municipal transport companies to drive to the market on their day off.

The industrial city of Kayseri is located far away from the Kurdish regions in the south-east of Turkey and is usually regarded as quiet. The city is located near the tourist area of ​​Cappadocia.

Television pictures from the scene showed the burnt wreck of the bus. Numerous rescue cars and police vehicles were on site. Turkish Interior Minister Süleyman Soylu said that among the 55 wounded, six were seriously injured.

At first, no one agreed. Deputy Prime Minister and government spokesman Kurtulmus told the broadcaster NTV that "all possibilities were considered". At present, however, "all references to the PKK" indicated.

Deputy Prime Minister Veysi Kaynak had said earlier that the attack in Kayseri "unfortunately" reminds the police of the police after a game of the football club Besiktas Istanbul on Saturday of last week. In the Turkish metropolis, 44 people had been killed, the Kurds of Freedom (TAK), a radical splinter group of the PKK, acknowledged the act.

Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan said the "terrorist acts" in Turkey were aimed at "all our 79 million citizens with our soldiers and policemen". Without specifically addressing the attack in Kayseri, Erdogan added that the country was being attacked by various terrorist groups, but especially by the PKK. "We will fight against these terrorist organizations in the spirit of national mobilization," the President announced.

The Federal Government condemned the "sneaky attack". Such "perfidious violence" was not justified by anything, declared the Foreign Office.

After the bombing, dozens of protesters stormed the offices of the pro-Kurdish Democratic Party of Peoples (HDP) in Kayseri as seen on social online social networks. The Turkish government accuses the left-wing party of supporting the PKK. In reaction to the attack in Istanbul, the Turkish police had arrested hundreds of people on suspected contacts with the PKK, including more than 200 HDP politicians.

In Turkey, the jihadist militia Islamic State (IS) has also carried out a series of attacks in Turkey in recent months, apart from Kurdish rebels. In June, 47 people were killed at a suicide bombing at Istanbul`s Ataturk Airport, and in August a suicide bomber killed almost 60 people in Gaziantep at a Kurdish wedding in Gaziantep.

 

/mrf/